Imagine flowing down the Yellowstone river, digging your paddle deep into the water and feeling the tug of the water on your immersed foot as it swirls past. The bucking motion of the raft as it leaps through splashing waves. The fresh river scent filling your lungs as you view awe-inspiring scenery.
Now imagine you're gently swaying in the saddle far above the river. Watching rafts pass far below you, the scent of wildflowers puts a tang in the fresh air of the Absaroka Mountains. The clip-clop of hooves and burbling streams provides a soundtrack for the stunning panoramas around you.
Now imagine both of these amazing experiences happening in one day!
Answer the call of adventure — all day long!
9 AM Trip Itinerary:
- 8:30 am: Check-in at the Corrals
- 9:00 am: Horseback ride into the Absaroka Mountains
- 10:30 am: Check-in at Yellowstone Raft Company
- 11:00 am: Whitewater rafting trip down the Yellowstone River
1 PM Trip Itinerary:
- 12:30 pm: Check-in at the Corrals
- 1:00 pm: Horseback ride into the Absaroka Mountains
- 2:30 pm: Check-in at Yellowstone Raft Company
- 3:00 pm: Whitewater rafting trip down the Yellowstone River
Please allow 30 minutes to reach the Corral from the town of Gardiner and arrive 30 minutes prior to horse departure times to adjust your stirrups! You may want to bring a snack to keep your energy levels up.
Available May 31-August 31.
Ages 13 & Up
Ages 6 - 12
- Please arrive 30 minutes prior to trip time to fill out paperwork and get geared up.
- Plan for 5 hours round-trip. All of our adventures take place outdoors; therefore, we cannot guarantee the trip length or size of rapids due to water flow.
- Transportation to and from the river is provided.
- The weather in Southwest Montana is ever-changing and often unpredictable. Please dress accordingly, water shoes and fleece are strongly recommended.
- Long pants and closed-toed shoes are required for horseback.
- Helmets and life jackets are always provided as well as wetsuits, splash jackets, and booties when needed!
Dress according to the weather. We can provide cool-weather gear, but we recommend fleece, Under Armour, or a synthetic material – not cotton – for under your rafting gear. Wear clothes you don’t mind getting wet, especially on a hot day. We provide all whitewater gear including helmets, life jackets, and water shoes (if needed). You may want to bring a change of clothes for afterward and change in our changing rooms. Sunglasses and sunblock are recommended. the ranch does not provide rain gear.
**All of our adventures take place outdoors; therefore, we cannot guarantee trip length or size of rapids due to water flow. The weather in Southwest Montana is ever-changing and often unpredictable. Please dress accordingly.
The original raft company on the Yellowstone River since 1978. The highlight of your Yellowstone vacation!