PERFECT FOR THE FIRST TIME KAYAKER!
- Paddle fun, safe rapids without being intimidated
- Fun for all ages, the Yellowstone River is a perfect introduction to whitewater kayaking with Class II and Class III rapids. Eddies and kayak-friendly wave-trains make a natural playground for solo boats.
- Paddle sit-on-top kayaks designed for safety — even if you're inexperienced.
- Learn how to kayak a river with basic instruction on equipment, safety, stroke styles, movement in and out of the current, and whitewater technique from the safety of the shore or a quiet eddy.
- Read the rapids and chart your own course for an experience 100 percent unique to you and your capabilities.
- Glide with nimbleness over the water to reach all the river features you want to hit and easily maneuver through any obstacles.
Enjoy 2 hours of kayaking bliss on the Yellowstone:
Guided Trips start at 11 a.m. Daily (July through September). There is a two-person minimum to book this trip.
Take the same 2-hour whitewater trip as our rafts, but with the freedom to paddle your way.
Take in big views of Mount Sepulcher and Electric Peak and watch for wildlife as you float past Yellowstone National Park.
Float an 8-mile section of the longest free-flowing river in the continental United States. Kayaks are sit-on-top.
- Please arrive 30 minutes prior to trip time to fill out paperwork and get geared up.
- Plan for 2.5 hours round-trip. All of our adventures take place outdoors; therefore, we cannot guarantee the trip length or size of rapids due to water flow.
- Transportation to and from the river is provided.
- The weather in Southwest Montana is ever-changing and often unpredictable. Please dress accordingly, water shoes, athletic wear (no cotton), and fleece are strongly recommended.
- Helmets and life jackets are always provided as well as wetsuits, splash jackets, and booties when needed!
"Wow! My wife and I are hooked now! I used to think that kayaking down a river with whitewater was only reserved for extreme athletes, but Yellowstone Raft Company showed us that this sport is possible even for beginners. Our guide was great and made us feel comfortable and safe, and made sure that we had FUN! We’ll be back again for sure!"Joe B.
"We had a blast! Took kayaks down the rapids the first half and then jumped in a raft for the second half. Guides were fun, knowledgeable of the area, and went out of their way to make sure we had a great (and safe) time. Very patient with our complete lack of knowledge of kayaks."Amber C.
The original raft company on the Yellowstone River since 1978. The highlight of your Yellowstone vacation!