Imagine flowing down the Yellowstone river, eyes filled with wonder as your guide gently rows you through a flat water section of the river, the fresh river scent filling your lungs as you view awe-inspiring scenery.
Now imagine you're gently swaying in the saddle far above the river. Watching rafts pass far below you, the scent of wildflowers puts a tang in the fresh air of the Absaroka Mountains. The clip-clop of hooves and burbling streams provides a soundtrack for the stunning panoramas around you.
Now imagine both of these amazing experiences happening in one day!
Answer the call of serenity — all day long!
- 10:30 am: Check-in at the Corrals
- 11:00 am: Horseback ride into the Absaroka Mountains
- Lunch Break (1:30 pm): Break to allow you time for lunch in Gardiner, explore suggestions here and be sure to call ahead for ETA's (LUNCH NOT INCLUDED).
- 3:00 pm: Check-in at Yellowstone Raft Company
- 3:30 pm: Scenic float trip down the Yellowstone River
Get a leisurely start to your day with the full-day Float & Ride trip, which starts at 11 a.m. to allow for morning sightseeing, coordination of large groups, or long travel time.
Ride into the Absaroka-Beartooth Wilderness on horseback following breathtaking trails on the northern edge of Yellowstone National Park.
After lunch, you'll be able to change at the office and hit the river for some wild whitewater thrills.
Available May 31-August 31.
Ages 13 & Up
- Please arrive 30 minutes prior to trip time to fill out paperwork and get geared up.
- Plan for 2.5 hours round-trip. All of our adventures take place outdoors; therefore, we cannot guarantee the trip length or size of rapids due to water flow.
- Transportation to and from the river is provided.
- The weather in Southwest Montana is ever-changing and often unpredictable. Please dress accordingly, water shoes and fleece are strongly recommended.
- Long pants and closed toes shoes are required for horseback.
- Helmets and life jackets are always provided as well as wetsuits, splash jackets, and booties when needed!
Dress according to the weather. We can provide cool-weather gear, but we recommend fleece. Sunglasses and sunblock are recommended. Your feet will likely get wet in the raft, but we do provide water shoes.
**All of our adventures take place outdoors; therefore, we cannot guarantee trip length or size of rapids due to water flow. The weather in Southwest Montana is ever-changing and often unpredictable. Please dress accordingly.
The original raft company on the Yellowstone River since 1978. The highlight of your Yellowstone vacation!